Trahan H. Whitten
Trahan H. Whitten is recognized as an industry leader in reimbursement strategy validation and implementation, mergers and acquisitions and strategic financial management. His experience in government programs, reimbursement and compliance, combined with his results-driven leadership style make him exceptionally qualified to lead HFS on its continued path of growth and outstanding performance.
Trahan joined HFS in 2008 as director of the government programs and reimbursement services practice area and held that position until January 1, 2013 when the HFS Board of Directors elected him to CEO.
His work in the government programs and reimbursement area includes:
- Developed and directed global revenue management strategies for inpatient, outpatient, sub-unit services and physicians.
- Directed numerous Independent Review Organization (IRO) engagements associated with Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIA) while working side by side with the Office of the Inspector General and Department of Justice.
- Led numerous labor and non-labor operational cost reduction and realignment engagements, enabling clients to benchmark by department inpatient and outpatient costs, comparing them to similar facilities with a focus on more efficient delivery of high quality care.
- Redesigned the operations, reimbursement and cost reporting divisions for large organizations including three of the nation’s largest healthcare chain organizations.
- Directed diverse third-party reimbursement engagements for health care systems, hospitals, nursing homes and home health agencies including preparation, appeals, RCL and TEFRA exceptions, and source documentation review of Medicare, Medicaid, OSHPD, HMSA 65C+ cost and compliance reports.
- Performed merger and acquisition analyses for several health care facilities including hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgical centers, home health agencies and physician practices.
Prior to joining HFS, Mr. Whitten was the National Managing Partner of Ernst & Young’s Government Programs, Reimbursement and Compliance Service lines in the United States. He was a three-time recipient of the National Outstanding Practice Leadership award, and in 2004 received both the National Innovation and Distinguished Mentor awards.
Mr. Whitten has a master’s degree in business administration from Colorado State University and a bachelor of science from the University of Utah.
|Learn more about our client experience and expertise|