CMS is switching from IACS to EIDM (Enterprise Identity Management System) which is to take effect February 7, 2015. The important thing to know is that no new registrations or profile changes can take place in IACS after 5 pm on January 30, 2015. So for those who need to run a PS&R report for the Medicare Cost Report, please run it now or after the migration.
What you should DO as per the CMS site:
1. DO make sure that you know your User ID and Password. Your User ID and Password will be moved “as is” on January 30 after 5:00 PM. You should be certain that you know your User ID and Password AND that you can successfully login to IACS before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
2. DO reset your password if you think that your password might expire between January 30 and February 9, 2015.
3. DO work with your Application Help Desk to get any pending request approved before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
4. DO review your profile and ensure that all information is correct prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
What you should NOT do!
1. DO NOT register for a new User ID in IACS if it cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015
2. DO NOT register for a new User ID in EIDM! This will only complicate moving your IACS User ID to EIDM!
3. DO NOT make changes to your user profile or submit a request of any type that cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
For more details, please go to this link: http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/CMS-Information-Technology/IACS/index.html
For more information, contact Diana Surber at 510-768-0066, email@example.com